Saturday, October 31, 2009

I begin to think - poem

Scattered words no more than usual
no less
than stinging
on a screen
no more duck's back water-roll today
today
I begin to think
I begin to think that these words are enough
I begin to think that I have words
Of my own
I begin to think
I'm worth the consideration
Of recognition

you
would rather be right than happy
you
would rather win
than say I'm sorry
you
would rather be here
than
more
I begin to think
And I begin to speak
I challenge
I reject
the hypothesis of misinterpretation
I reject the ideographs of emotion painted on your caveman walls
I say
Enough
I say
Stop
And you don't
You can't back down or back off and I don't want to be public
but in public
you may behave
more
acceptably
I begin to think that
you
push me too far
too hard
too often
I reject the premise that in being hurt I'm wrong
I speak, finally and set a limit
I say
enough
to the overwhelming amount of
juvenilia couched as humor
And still
you
don't listen
I begin to think
you don't know
how
to hear
the things
that matter
until
it's
too
late

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog the way you write seems to get negativity out of you. The prior entry although not my style was powerful. Ironicly in the next few weeks I am going to be doing a blog entry on my blog about female domestic abuse. I connected to your blog through another non-profit blog.

    Visit my blog and see what you think.

    ReplyDelete