Monday, September 7, 2009

The last gasp of virginity (poem)

Fireflies shimmering in alternating currents
As his mouth taught me to gasp
In octaves of unapologetic pleasure
With my clothes still on
Mostly on, anyway
Desire compensating for
Shyness of inexperience

Awkward limbs tangled in the backseat of my car
His car
The grass in the park

Pushing thin cotton up
Exposing my skin
To the intensity of a gaze
I wasn't prepared for
Naked
Isn't easy

Until the febrile heat
And flush
Make abandon
An inevitability

The dexterous touch of a pianist's fingers
playing over every inch of my skin

Tipping my mouth
up
arch
up
Straining towards
Something
The body knows and the consciousness can't define
Chasing the hum
As the denim friction of him
Between my thighs
Made me scream
Into an echoing night
Losing
Something
Finding
More

Hours lost in each other

Driving home before dawn

Watching the fireflies fade
Into the light

No comments:

Post a Comment