Sunday, September 6, 2009

true stories (poem)

Lies of omission lying bitter on a bitten tongue
Not telling lies
Not telling truth
The desperation
of
Imbalance of need
Shifting
Power
In bloody increments
The marks I ask for
To prove
I'm alive
Bitten flesh
Gone purple-yellow
In places
I can mostly conceal
The words
Falling
Away
Like ballistic interference
Shrapnel
Wounding
Where no one can see
Don't want me to love you
This is too fragile
Too tenuous
Tissue-paper thin promises
We recognized as lies
As the saturation of lust
Turned them to
Shreds

You whisper
I sigh
You take
What
I
Want
You
To

Observing silence
In the after-hours
Absence
of
Sense
to leave well enough
alone
Leaving
When
I don't
Know what else to do

Carrying the scent of you on my skin
Your taste in my mouth
Weighed down
By sins
of
Omission
But only telling you the truth

No comments:

Post a Comment